Monday, May 30, 2016

NATURE NOTES AND A SECRET GARDEN


I found my own secret garden at Oatlands.  It was a charming little area, a pond full of waterlily pads, and several frogs, one of which I shared here.  



I could have stayed for a couple of hours or more, with its peace and tranquility.  It would be a great place to bring a book, or just to meditate.


I had it all to myself until Gregg caught up with me and we enjoyed it together.  


As often happens and because of our mutual hobby of taking photos, we occasionally get separated as we focus on different things.  I told him I was heading here. I saw it at the end of a long pathway with a wall of hedgerows and trees on each side.  In this photo I am looking back at where I came from.



He hadn't heard me and we lost each other. Maybe I hadn't told him and just thought I had.  That happens and yes I am smiling.   At times I get so intensely focused on where I want to go. He wandered in another direction, and later texted to ask where I was.   I eventually saw him at the end of that long path as he retraced his steps and followed my directions.


I had already been in the secret garden for 20 minutes and was waiting for him to catch up, totally mesmerized by how many frogs there were in the pond. 



After a while it became a game to see how many I could find, and I was once again in touch with my inner child.



I found several as they weren't exactly quiet.









Cell phones and texting are useful at the right time.  The garden is large enough that it would have been a long time before we caught up with each other.  In days of old when our son was young, we always chose a place to meet up if we were ever separated.  Maybe Gregg and I should start this practice again.



It was hard to leave but eventually we moved on,



passed this handsome statue....


 and with one last look at the secret garden, I knew we would be returning.  We have added it on our list of places to go back to.



I am sharing these with Michelle at Rambling Woods.  You can click on this link to visit Nature Notes and also see other participants of this great meme.



34 comments:

  1. what a delightful collection of images of a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, I love the water, frogs and lily pads! Your photos are thoroughly gorgeous and captivating! Your post couldn't have come at a better time, because I just got home and it is very hot and humid here in Montreal today. Thank you so much for sharing, I feel happy and refreshed now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy I would love to visit that Secret Garden. It is a magical place and all your photographs are marvellous. Now what ever did we do without the cell phone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love visiting beautiful gardens such as this, Denise. We have a place in our town that has a large shady pond to sit by and it is so relaxing. You are fortunate your husband shares your love of photography! I am the only photo taker in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous photos! What a wonderful place. I have the opposite problem with my hubby. I am usually so busy taking photos that I get left behind whilst he strolls ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots of the Frogs Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Denise. I enjoyed the walk through the gardens. The pond with the frogs is beautiful. I love the cute frogs too. Nice shot of your Gregg. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can easily see why you found this place so fascinating. I too would make a point to return as often as I could. Hope you get back there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely glorious place. And you have reminded me how long it is since I last saw a frog. Too long. Much too long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a pretty place to spend time in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful place! Peace and beauty. And the pond with the lily pads! I could sit there for hours. And what a bonus the frogs are! I think they would be my favorite of everything. They are so cute and so perfect that they look like frog statues! Phil & I don't need a very big space to lose each other! Even in the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, that's a great place to get lost for a while...peace , quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an absolutely gorgeous garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very relaxing and picturesque.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to visit the secret garden. It's a lovely place to get lost in but thank goodness for phones.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belas fotografias deste magnifico jardim.
    Continuação de uma boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  17. a special garden indeed!! seems there was a lot to see in this small, almost enclosed spot!!! beautiful captures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a peaceful place, even with the frogs croaking, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love those frogs, the place is beautiful and would be worth it without he frogs but they make it even more perfect. bob always stays within sight since i hate to get separated and have since i was 2 years old... 70 year later and i still hang on to whomever i am with. we don't use cell phones so that would not help us

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful place. Great photos. Thanks so much for this great post.
    Regards
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous gardens, I love all the amphibians!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a very nice garden. And it would be wise to tell each other where to meet after exploring on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Denise, what a beautiful place to visit, the name Secret Garden is mystical like exploring a garden unknown by anybody else. The frogs are great as well.
    Regards John

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hallo, that are very nice photos. I like this area ... and how you describe it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The pictures are gorgeous and the story made me laugh to know we're not the only ones who enjoy being together but somehow have a way of getting separated. This was one time when text messaging definitely came in in handy; mostly I hate it, but this way you didn't have to have the phone ring and disturb others while you located each other.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, you certainly must go back to this most wonderful place.
    As you say peace and tranquility ... well the frogs may have been a little noisy!

    Great photo's Denise, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Certainly this was a beautiful place, Denise, and my favorite views were those frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice froggies, Denise!

    I've always liked them, too.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful and big garden for losting sometimes.
    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow... so lovely secret garden, so charming pond, indeed! Yes, your passion for pictures is absolutely wonderful and to be " focus on different things" i guess it happens to many of us while we're having a walk... and this place, this garden - with frogs and water lilies, long paths - is a wonder for eyes...
    Many thanks for sharing them with us! Have a sunny day of June!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely delightful place! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is wonderful... Peaceful and happy frogs.. Perfect... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful place you've found. Perfect for picture taking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!